This CV template gives you an idea of how to lay out your skills and experience if you're applying for a role as a Retail Sales Assistant. You'll also see examples of the qualifications and achievements employers are looking for.
Download as a Word document here
With increased competition in every market, tailoring your CV to a certain industry can be extremely helpful. Tailoring it even further, right down to a job role can be just the push your credentials need to land on the top of the pile.
Is your resume working for you? Consider these options or see below for more resume templates.Watch our career advice videos
Follow job feeds for your industry
Read more Career Advice, use our Resume Builder or Upload Your Resume so employers can find you.
An experienced sales assistant who enjoys client interaction, working on a shop floor and selling to the public. Articulate with excellent negotiating skills and an ability to provide a highly personalized service to customers. Able to make sure that goods are attractively displayed and confident enough to assist unsure customers with product selection.
Looking to continue a career as a sales assistant with a suitable position in a retail environment.
Retail Department Store – Coventry
SALES ASSISTANT June 2008 - Present
Working in a retail environment providing exceptional customer service and demonstrating product knowledge to maximise sales. Responsible for greeting customers with a smile and creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and providing them with detailed merchandise information and advice.
- Providing information to customers to help them select the best products.
- Take cash from customers and process transactions accurately & efficiently.
- Keeping up-to-date with all current promotions within the store.
- Identifying customers who need assistance on the shop floor.
- Operating the till and accurately counting and reconciling the till float.
- Being alert to thefts and fraudulent bank notes, cheques or credit cards.
- Accurately processing all methods of payment.
- Making sure the store is clean, tidy and safe at all times.
- Identifying sales opportunities & trends & highlighting these to Sales Managers.
- Working as part of a team and assisting colleagues when necessary.
- Taking delivery of stock from suppliers or warehouse and storing appropriately.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs, without being overbearing.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Having a friendly & professional manner.
- Able to commit at short notice to overtime during busy trading periods.
- Aware of brand marketing, pricing and positioning.
- A proactive and passionate attitude towards sales.
- Have the ability to listen to the customers needs.
- Immaculate presentation, always well smartly dressed.
- Knowledge of cataloging and inventory techniques.
- Physically fit and able to walk around for long periods as well as do lifting.
NVQ/SVQ Retail Operations at levels 2
Nuneaton North College 2006 - 2008
A levels: Maths (A) English (B) Technology (B) Science (C)
Coventry Central College 2004 - 2006
Available on request.